"Ethics for the Forensic Expert"
May 14, 2018
8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Y.O. Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
2033 Sidney Baker, Kerrville, TX 78028
Program Purpose: to provide specialized training to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and attorneys, who are specifically named in state statutes, so that they may work collaboratively while serving as expert witnesses in criminal and juvenile forensic cases involving competency to stand trial, the insanity defense, fitness to proceed or lack of responsibility for conduct, and to assist those other professionals who are or may also be involved in these processes to improve their skills and knowledge.
Upon completion of this event, participants should be able to delineate the following objectives:
- Discuss the evolution of the legal statutes on insanity and mental incompetence
- Identify (3) ethical responsibilities of forensic assessment experts
- List (3) practices that can improve how expert testimony is presented.
- Determine types of cases in which forensic neuropsychology may be best utilized
- Discuss key ethical issues in the use of forensic neuropsychological evaluations
- Identify (3) best practices in responding to questioning on the witness stand
- Demonstrate (3) effective methods of providing expert testimony.
Y.O. Ranch Hotel Room Rate: If you are planning to stay at the hotel, reserve your room for $89.00 per night. This rate is available until April 14, 2017. Please contact Y.O. Ranch Hotel directly at (830) 257-4440. Be sure to ask for the "Forensic Networking Conference" rate when calling for reservations.
To view conference flyer, click here